1. How does the Refundable Security deposit work?
- A refundable security deposit has to be paid prior to embarkation, which varies according to the size of the yacht. Every yacht is comprehensively insured (against damage to the hull, machinery and/or equipment), including third Party cover, beyond a deductible excess figure. The refundable Security Deposit is held against the yachts insurance excess. In case of damage to the yacht or loss of equipment, the estimated value for repairs and replacement is withheld from your security deposit and the balance is returned to you.
2. Will my privacy be respected while on board?
3. What does Service Pack include?
- Service pack includes end-cleaning, water/1xcooking gaz bottle at the departure and batteries
4. Does the yacht have laundry facilities?
- Normally no, depends though on each boat’s equipment
5. Can we smoke on board?
6. Will I experience seasickness?
- Depends, it’s better to be prepared
7. What if I’m on a special diet?
- You arrange about the shopping and cooking, so you buy whatever you need for your special diet. If you have booked a hostess as well, then you inform her about your special diet and she will prepare the meals that you want.
8. Do I need to carry my passport?
- Always (or at least your ID card)
9. Can I bring my pet on board?
- No, unless we get permission from the owner of the yacht.
10. Can I bring children on board?
- Of course
11. What should I pack?
- Sunscreen with very high SPF (normally, you are not going to wear much! At least make sure you are protected from the super shiny Greek sun), Hat, Sunglasses, at least 2 swim suits, Literally – very few clothes (you can adjust your choices depending on where you are heading at and whether you are planning to go out on different ports for lunch, dinner or bar hopping. In any case, the island dress code is generally very casual and relaxed. Just make sure you bring one light jacket and one pair of pants along), Light pajamas, Flip flops and non-marking boat shoes (if you have), One or two pairs of comfortable shoes, Beach towel (shower towels are provided), Personal care products, Insect repellent, Anti-histamine (in case of insect bites/stings), Your regular medication (if any), Camera & charger (or waterproof camera, action camera etc.), 12 volts (car charger) for charging devices on board and power bank-if necessary, AUX cable – if you want to connect an electronic device for music, A book (?), Your passport, Credit/Debit cards
12. Can I map out our own itinerary?
- Yes. We can also propose some routes for you if you are interested.
13. How do I book?
- n the following link you can see theBooking Procedure
14. What is an “option”?
- An option is a preliminary reservation for some days (maximum 7 depending on the time) until you decide if you want to proceed in booking or not with the specific yacht (optioned) in order not to lose availability. If you put an option on a yacht, you have the right to be the first to book it and none of the other clients can book it until the option expires. You are not obligated finally to proceed in booking.
15. How and when should I pay?
- A down payment of 50% of the charter fee is required within 7 days from your confirmation by e-mail/fax/phone/message. Balance payment of 50% of the charter fee is required 40 days prior to charter embarkation. Above payments can be made via bank wire transfer. Should you book last minute kindly be aware that the whole amount of the charter fee is required upon reservation!
16. What qualifications do I need to charter a bareboat sailing/motor yacht?
- TheCaptain must have the following documents a) Boat license to sail over 12 miles (day-night navigation) b) identity card c) a statement that the boat license and statuary' recognized by the state and is responsible for managing the boat on his/her own (all documents in photocopies)
- Theassistant captain (co-skipper), even if does not have a boating license, must be necessary to present a) the identity card, b) a statutory declaration that is able to assist his/her captain during navigation and manoeuvring the boat (all documents in photocopies)
17. Which days of the week can I begin and end my charter?
- Weekly charters usually begin and end on Saturdays. In case of uneven periods of time, such as a ten or twelve-day charter, we will do our best, depending on the circumstances, to accommodate your requirements.
18. What if I wish to embark and disembark from different bases?
- Then in your request you have clearly to ask it and we will send you offers for all the boats available for the period you are interested matching as much as possible to your request. You can also search for such charters in our Special Offers
19. What does the charter fee include?
- VAT 12%, marina’s fees for the 1st and the last night, Bed linen, quilts, and towels (set/cabin/week), Autopilot, Dinghy and outboard engine (if mentioned as included)
20. Are the yachts insured?
All our boats are fully insured, including:
- Third party and passenger civil liability minimum 500.000 Euro any one accident.
- Damage liability third party and passenger's yacht 150.000 Euro any one accident.
- Sea pollution liability 150.000 Euro
21. Should I have an insurance instead of Refundable Security Deposit?
- Some yachts (not all) have the option of Non-Refundable Security Deposit (Insurance) or/and the option of Damage Waiver which combines both (refundable and non-refundable). You can book a yacht with refundable security deposit and if the yacht has the other options (non refundable or damage waiver) you can change it to any of the other types even upon embarkation.
If the yacht doesn’t have these other options, we advise you to obtain insurance for the security deposit. Unfortunately, sometimes accidents or damages do happen even by the most experienced sailors. Insurance can be obtained via Pantaenius up to 48 hours before the charter start date. The "Bond Insurance Plus" package (140€) should be fine and covers the security deposit for your charter. Alternatively, it is possible to get insurance coverage for the security deposit via EIS.
22. What does the standard equipment on all sailing yachts include?
- AUTOPILOT, VHF, OUTBOARD (most of the times – if not stated otherwise), EMERGENCY TILLER, ELEC.WINDLASS, SPARE ANCHOR & CHAIN, MOORING LINE, SHORE LINE, LIFERAFT, LIFEJACKET (PER PERS.), LIFEBELT (PER PERS.), SHORE CONNECTION 220 V, BATTERY CHARGER, NAUTICAL BOOKS & CHARTS, COMPASS & HANDBEARING COMPASS, BINOCULARS, TORCH, SPARE BATTERY, PLUG FOR 12 V DC, CLOCK & BAROMETER, CD PLAYER, COCKPIT SPEAKERS (most of the times), ECHO SOUNDER & LOG, ANEMOMETER, WINDEX, DINGHY PUMP & REPAIR KIT, FOG HORN, DANBOUY, DISTRESS FLARES, FIRST AID KIT, BOSUN CHAIR, WINCH HANDELS, FIRE EXTINGUISHER, TOOL BOX, GANGWAY, FENDER MIN. 6, GAS BOTTLE MIN. 2, DIESEL-BENZINE JERRY CAN & FUNNEL, COCKPIT SHOWER, HOT WATER, FRIDGE WITH 12 DC, GAS STOVE WITH OWEN, BLANKET & UPHOLSTERY, BED LINEN, TOWELS.
23. What if we arrive at the embarkation base late?
- Our staff will wait for you until approximately 21:00h. In case of late arrival, your yacht will be ready and unlocked for you. You will find a welcome message with basic instructions for the first night. Check in procedure will take place next morning.
24. If I want to cancel my charter?
- We calculate cancellation fees based on the period of time between the date of cancellation and the departure date as follows:
- Booking cancelled 91 days or more prior to departure, 300 euro will be kept.
- Bookings cancelled between 90-61days before embarkation, 30% of the total charter amount will be kept.
- Bookings cancelled between 60-31days before embarkation, 50% of the total charter amount will be kept.
- Bookings cancelled within 30 days or less before embarkation, 100% of the total charter amount will be kept.
25. What kind of additional services do you offer?
- Internet on the go (USB), skipper, hostess, provision, transfer from/to airport, blister, railing net – all the above upon request and availability with additional charge
26. How do I know that my funds are protected?
- We are officially licensed (license number 0829E63000103101) by the Greek National Tourism Organisation (often appreviated as GNTO- Greek: EOT), which is the governmental department for the promotion of tourism in Greece and functions under the supervision of the Ministry of Tourism.
We are also members of Hellenic Yacht Brokers Association (H.Y.B.A). and of Chamber of Commerce of Corfu.
These are what reassure you that your funds are protected! All legal Greek Yacht Charter Companies should be members of GNTO, HYBA and the champer of commerce of their town!
The contract we use is the one provided by HYBA but adjusted to each charter and data.
In the following link you can see theTerms and Conditions
27. What is not included in the charter fee?
- Fuel consumption (incl. generator), Water, Provisions and drinks, Port fees, Corinth canal fees (if requested), crew’s fee, crew’s food and drinks, transfers, service pack (and outboard engine if is not mentioned as included and instead there is an amount of additional cost)
28. What is the cost around of the not included?
- As far as the Not Included fees we calculate approximately the followings:
- Fuel consumption (incl. generator) you can calculate it around 200€-300€ depending on your route and how much you will use the sails or engine. We give you the boat full and you have to return it full.
- Water we give you the boat full and you have to return it full -cost around 30€
- Port fees, Corinth canal fees (if applied), Corinth canal fees depends on the feet of the yacht (only for charters from Aegean Sea to Ionian Sea or vice versa). For the other ports, the 1st and the last day in the marina is paid by us. For the rest of the days you have to pay. Some ports are free, some have a fee around 10-15€/day and in the organized marinas you pay something around 30€-40€ depending on the yacht.
- crew’s fee, (if any) will be mentioned in the offer.
- crew’s food and drinks, whatever you cook for you, you have to calculate 1 more portion for skipper or/and hostess (if you have asked for them). Drinks are considered water, soft drinks and juices.
- transfers, from airport to marina and from marina to airport (depends on the pax and the route-price upon request)
- service pack, will be mentioned at standard fees/obligatory and includes: final cleaning, water/1xcooking gaz bottle at the departure and batteries
- outboard Either is free of charge/included or its cost will be mentioned in optional extras